Health Tech Forum
The Health Tech Forum is an active, thriving epicenter for professionals interested in the development, distribution and utilization of advanced technologies to improve human health and the management thereof. It includes medical and monitoring devices, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, health IT systems and all related software – remote or otherwise. The Health Tech Forum will bring the medical and technology communities together to discuss the issues, explore the applications, and drive new solutions that answer the challenges in the exciting field of health technology.
The Heath Tech Forum brings together passionate professionals in all stages of health technology development, commercialization and use in North Texas, encouraging networking, development, knowledge creation, funding, partnership, growth and promotion of such technologies.
Those who benefit the most from the Health Tech Forum include entrepreneurs, students, companies and funding sources that are actively engaged in the development, commercialization or use of health related products or services. Disciplines include but are not limited to scientists, medical professionals, engineering, software development, manufacturing, quality and assurance, regulatory, training and education, intellectual property, sales and marketing, human resources/recruiting, finance, and general management, as well as angel, venture capital and private equity funding sources.
Wednesday, September 19
3 - 5 pm
MATRIX at Prestonwood Tower
5151 Belt Line Rd., 10th floor, Suite 1010
networking happy hour to follow at Flying Saucer
Unpacking the EU MDR 2017/745 to understand the impact
Speaker: Chris Longpre, Senior Quality Manager, Abbott
The current Active Implantable/Medical Device Directives (AIMDD and MDD) are being replaced by a new Medical Device Regulation (EU MDR). Described as the most disruptive regulatory change in Europe in over 20 years, compliance to the new MDR is required to gain and/or retain CE mark for medical devices. Since the issuance of MDD and AIMDD certificates will cease in May 2020, medical device manufacturers must act during this transition period to update their technical documentation and processes in order to meet the new MDR requirements. Please join us as we discuss the new regulation and the impacts it will have on industry.
Tuesday, October 23
3 - 5 pm
1910 Pacific Ave, #20000
networking happy hour to follow
Game Changer Series: Blood distribution and patient communication - new approaches to old problems
Speakers: Christopher Godfrey, CEO and founder, Bloodbuy, Tyler Register, CEO, Ataia Medical, and Amy Foertsch, COO, Ataia Medical
The Game Changer Series focuses on local healthcare startups in North Texas that are changing the way we view healthcare today. Hear from Bloodbuy, a software and services company that facilitates the efficient distribution of lifesaving blood products to patients in need, and Ataia Medical, a manufacturer of a communicator that allows patients undergoing respiratory therapies to speak with their loved ones and care providers while wearing NIV respirators. Through innovative products and services, companies like these are providing a window into better healthcare in the future.
The Health Tech Steering Committee meets every 1st Wednesday of the month
4:30 - 6 pm
Tech Titans board room
411 Belle Grove Dr. Richardson 75080
Tech Titans members only
- Game Changer Series: Virtual reality as therapy for seniors - Chris Brickler, CEO and co-founder, Shawn Wiora, co-founder, and Dr. Tariq AlFarra, Head of Clinical Research, MyndVR
- Med tech IP best practices: Fundamentals and strategies - Curtis Huffmire, Partner, Knobbe Martens
- The next frontier in medicine: The da Vinci Xi® Surgical System - Methodist Richardson Medical Center
- Medical device development success through lean program management- Dave Felio, President/CEO, The Realtime Group
- Using sensors for digital patient engagement- Maria Schneider, CEO and co-founder, Dynofit Inc.
- Prosthetics of the future: Limbs better than the originals?- Rob Dodson, CPO, FAAOP, Clinical Manager, Advanced Arm Dynamics, and Nicholas Fey, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Bioengineering and Mechanical Engineering, The Erik Jonsson School of Engineering & Computer Science, UT Dallas, and of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- North Texas pharma tackles the opioid crisis- Dr. Lucas Rodriguez, CEO, CerSci Therapeutics
- Game Changer Series: Medical device startups - Edward Allegra, CEO, BioLum Sciences, and Ron Nag, CEO, BioLert
- Keep flossing: Root causes, good hygiene and cyber insecurity in healthcare- Todd Kelly, Lead Health Technology Attorney, Jones Day, William Long, Vice President of IS Systems and CISO, Children's Medical Center, Jeff Shaffer, Director, PwC Advisory (and former Director of the US Secret Service Forensics Lab in Dallas), and Randy Armstrong, CTO, Velentium
- The bleeding edge of health technology: Hot trends & cool devices- Marc Gelinas, MHA, CPHIMS, FACHE, CMPE Healthcare Practice Area Lead, Slalom Consulting
click here to view Marc's presentation.
- Lessons learned in resolving FDA warning letters- Mark Neal, Vice President, Global Quality Control and Assurance, St. Jude Medical, Dallas Fort Worth
click here to view Mark's presentation.
For Tech Titans Health Tech Forum leadership or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Paul Bendel, Senior Vice President or call 972-792-2854.
For Tech Titans membership, please contact Drew Snow, VP member services or call 972-792-2855.