Congrats to 2017's finalists and winners!
Listed below are the 2017 Tech Titans awards finalists. Finalists are listed in alphabetical order. The winners of each category will be announced and awarded at the Tech Titans Awards Gala on August 25. Sign up for the Dallas Business Journal Tech Flash to receive profiles on the finalists in the lead up to the Gala.
Hall of Fame Inductee
- Charlie Feld (read more)
Corporate CEO Award
- Brian Peccarelli, Thomson Reuters
This award does not announce finalists, only the winner.
Corporate Innovation Award
Recognizes outstanding innovation and unique accomplishments through recent or potential breakthrough technology or approach within the technology and communications industry.
- *Capital One
- Fujitsu Network Communications
- Watch a video with the finalists.
Emerging Company Innovation Award
Recognizes outstanding innovation and unique accomplishments through potential breakthrough technology, processes or services within the technology and communications industry.
- Bottle Rocket
- Watch a video with the finalists.
Emerging Company CEO Award
Recognizes CEO leadership for an emerging company within the technology and communications industry.
- *Dave Copps - Brainspace Corporation
- Christopher Godfrey - Bloodbuy
- Vanessa Ogle - Enseo Inc.
- John Olajide - Axxess
Corporate CIO Award
Recognizes the Chief Information Officer for exceptional technical leadership that fosters the deployment of IT resulting in significant value for the company.
- Ellen Barker - Texas Instruments, Inc.
- *Suja Chandrasekaran - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Janet DeBerardinis - Caliber Collision Centers
- Robert Walden - Epsilon
Corporate CTO Award
Recognizes technical leadership, team building, creation and maintenance of a creative environment, and market awareness skills.
- Arun Bhikshesvaran - Ericsson
- *Michael Boren - Beck Technology
- Matthew Glover - Le-vel
- Pradeep Govindasamy - Cigniti Technologies Ltd.
Technology Adopter Award
Recognizes a company whose core business is not technology products/services for outstanding adoption and application of innovative technologies to successfully change and impact its business results.
- *Janet DeBerardinis - Caliber Collision Centers
- Zack Hicks - Toyota Connected
- David Michel - Catapult Health
- Josh Schliessman - Bell Helicopter
Technology Inventor Award
The Technology Inventors Award recognizes the pioneering accomplishments of a person, team or group responsible for the creation of breakthrough ideas, processes or products which have advanced the discipline(s) of the arts, education, electronics, energy, engineering, environment, medicine, and/or science.
- Ram Dantu - The University of North Texas
- Robert Gregg - The University of Texas at Dallas
- *Richard Margolin - RoboKind LLC
- Samarendra Mohanty - Nanoscope Technologies, LLC
Investment Catalyst Award
Recognizes a significant investment transaction occurring since January 2011 that impacts and delivers significant long-term economic prosperity and sustainable economic results for the Metroplex and improves the technology innovation investment climate of the region.
- Trey Bowles - Dallas Entrepreneur Center
- Stephen Hays - Deep Space Ventures
- Shawn Kelly - Teakwood Capital
- *Les Kreis - Bios Partners
Technology Advocate Award
Recognizes a technology advocate/champion for their outstanding leadership in assisting, advancing or accelerating the performance of technology companies and/or the technology community.
- Jennifer Bartkowski - Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
- Jerry Beers - Five Pack Creative
- *Trey Bowles - Dallas Entrepreneur Center
- Valmiki Mukherjee - Cyber Future Foundation
Tech Titans of the Future - High School Math/Science Teacher Award
Recognizes a high school math or science teacher for the development and implementation of an innovative teaching technique or program that inspires student interest in math and/or science.
- Kenric Davies - Frisco ISD
- Edward Downes - Alcuin School
- Candice Lawrence - Wylie ISD
- *Henry Vo - Richardson ISD
Tech Titans of the Future - University Level Award
Recognizes educational institutions that encourage and support students in choosing engineering and technology-related disciplines as a preferred path. This award category spotlights DFW area higher educational institutions' tech-related curricula and incentives to perpetuate tech-related knowledge transfer.
- The University of Texas at Dallas - Bryan Chambers
- Texas A&M University-Commerce - Robynne Lock
- SMU Continuing & Professional Education - Lea Worth
- *The University of Texas at Dallas - Magaly Spector