The STEM Workforce Initiative
We’re building the future workforce, the next generation of Tech Titans. To date, we’ve delivered 15,000 inspirational experiences, introducing kids to STEM careers through panels, speed mentoring, STEM camps, facility tours, engineering challenges and events for school counselors.
In 2020, the STEM Team quickly responded to unexpected circumstances by pivoting from successful face-to-face events to the virtual world, including:
- The STEM Challenge initiative, where students can earn grocery gift cards for their families by researching and responding to STEM questions.
- Our Diversity and Successful Women in Engineering panels are now delivered virtually, making it easier than ever for volunteers to participate.
- The annual STEM Video Contest with expanded online resources for teachers and parents.
Connect with kids, change lives, change the world:
- Share your STEM career experience and passion with students
- Host a virtual event or STEM Challenge Question
- Become a corporate sponsor
All employees of Tech Titans member companies are eligible to volunteer.
Join us! Contact Tech Titans STEM Director Jean Bono at email@example.com .
"Middle school is where girls turn tend to turn away from STEM careers. Research shows that up to that point, STEM courses are 50/50 male/female. By high school, it drops significantly to 85/15 and by college and in the workforce…90/10. We can do better! Tech Titans IS helping girls see it so they can be it! Your Tech Titans STEM Team has passion for closing this STEM gap in our relentless pursuit of a dynamic STEM workforce in DFW. Join us!" --Lisa Frey, STEM Team Member (seen in the video preview above right)